World Series of Youth Lacrosse Information
The Tri-State World Series of Youth Lacrosse team is a high-level experience for U13 lacrosse players. The WSYL is a three-day (early July) event at Dick’s Sporting Goods Park and Mile High Stadium in Denver, Colorado. Our team will train over the winter and spring to qualify for the WSYL in Bel Air, MD in early April. After the qualifier, our team will attend two competitive events and continue training up until the main event.
Eligibility Rules – United States Teams
- All players must be born on or after 9/1/2004. Each player will be required to submit a copy of their birth certificate.
- All players must compete with their team or program on a regular basis. Minimum requirements are that players must compete with their team/program for at least two tournaments (outside of a WSYL event), or in a seasonal league. These events do not need to precede the qualifier but must precede the Championship event. WSYL reserves the right to require proof of participation in these tournaments or leagues. Players cannot be added only to participate in the World Series.
- All players must reside within 100 miles of the home field of their program. Players will be required to submit a report card, school identification card, or comparable proof of residency.
- No player may compete, or be rostered, on more than one team during the tournament.
- All teams must carry between 18-23 field players and a minimum of 2 goalies at all times. Both goalies do not have to physically participate in the Regional Qualifier, but both need to regularly play within your club or organization and will be held to the same roster eligibility standards as other players. Total roster size can not exceed 25 players.
- The only permitted roster modification after submission of the final roster will be the replacement of an injured goalie with another goalie pending a written request and WSYL approval.
- Copies of birth certificates, proof of residency (report card from ’16/’17 academic year & valid parent Driver’s License), verification of health insurance accepted in the United States, and waiver forms, are all due:
- West/Central Regional Qualifier: January 13, 2017
- North/East/South Regional Qualifier: March 3, 2017
- Any team in violation of the above roster rules will forfeit all games in which the ineligible player has participated, forfeit any opportunity to advance to the playoffs and forfeit any accolades or titles received by the team.
- Any team that forfeits a game during the tournament will be ineligible to advance to the playoffs
REGISTER HERE | Online Player Portal
Asst. Youth Director Since 2012 | Shawnee HS Head Lacrosse Coach | ’07 National Champion Winner @ Johns Hopkins | ’08-’10 Rutgers ECAC All Academic Honors | 2x HS All American & Captain @ Shawnee HS[/one_third] [one_third last=”no”]
[/one_third] [one_third last=”yes”]
Youth All Star Director Since 2002 | Peddie School Alumni & Athletic Hall Of Fame Member | Named To Star Ledger All Century Lacrosse Team | Played Collegiately @ University Of Denver | Former Peddie Head Coach | High School All-American
Youth All Star Administrator Extraordinaire Since 2002 | Invaluable Communication & Info Resource For Parents, Coaches & Players | Attended Ranney School & Ithaca College | Masters In Education @ Monmouth Univ.