Tri-State Lacrosse Code Of Ethics & Sportsmanship
Tri-State Lacrosse is dedicated to creating a positive and safe environment for all of our players, spectators, coaches and officials. We ask that all participants whether watching, officiating, playing or coaching act appropriately and help to ensure that the game continues to be about the players and the love of lacrosse.
To do so, please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Be a positive role model through your own actions to make sure every player has the best athletic experience possible.
- Show respect for the opposing players, coaches and spectators.
- Cheer for your team, never against your opponent.
- Be respectful of all official’s decisions.
- Recognize and show appreciation for an outstanding play by either team.
- Help players to learn that success is oriented in the development of a skill, and should make a person feel good about themselves; win or lose.
- Teach and abide by the rules of the game in letter and in spirit.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
In the end, our programs are about the players, developing their skill and showcasing their talents. No one wins with negativity and poor sportsmanship.